Sterling Heights, Michigan Slip and Fall Attorneys
Were you injured in a slip and fall accident? If so, you deserve compensation. Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious pain, lost wages and expensive medical bills. The responsible party should reimburse you for your bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Unfortunately, this often doesn’t happen, which is why you need a skilled lawyer who can fight for you and your rights.
You shouldn’t need to deal with fighting for your compensation after suffering an injury to your head, spinal cord or any other part of your body. That’s where we come in. At Jones Law, our personal injury attorneys will use their years of experience to pursue your slip and fall accident claim.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
The type of slip and fall accident will vary depending on the exact circumstances. Three of the most common types of slip and fall accidents are:
- Step and fall – Accidents caused by an issue with the surface where you’re walking, such as a hole in the ground or a slippery area.
- Trip and fall – Accidents where you trip over something, such as a sprinkler, curb or simply uneven ground.
- Stump and fall – Accidents where you fall due to an unexpected obstacle. These types of accidents can result in severe spinal injuries.
You Slipped and Fell on Another Person’s Property. What Are Your Rights?
This is a common situation, and if you have a slip and fall accident on another person’s property, that person may be legally liable for your damages. The only way to know and to ensure that you receive appropriate compensation is having an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer evaluate your case and discuss the situation with either the property owner or his insurance company.
Personal injury lawyers at Jones Law will work with experts to properly evaluate your case. Even with accidents that are difficult to prove in court, we have a strong reputation and an excellent record. We’ll get in touch with specialists so we can calculate exactly how much you’re entitled to.
What’s Your Case Worth?
There are quite a few factors that can affect the value of your slip and fall case. Here are some of the primary factors that will play a part:
- The type of injury
- The severity of your injury
- The location of the accident, particularly whether it was on public, private or commercial property
- All medical bills associated with your injury, including past, current and future bills
- Any lost wages, if the injury kept you out of work
- Your pain and suffering
The people best qualified to assess the worth of your case are personal injury lawyers who have experience handling these types of cases. Here at Jones Law, we have handled thousands of cases over a period of decades. With our wealth of experience, we can evaluate every aspect of your case and make sure you receive the maximum amount possible.
How to Determine Liability
No matter the situation, every person has a basic duty to act in a safe manner. When a person owns property, they have an additional degree of responsibility in regards to maintaining that property. This responsibility includes keeping their property free of risks that could result in any slip and fall accidents.
One of the tricky things about a slip and fall claim is that there can be several parties who are liable, including the property owner, the manager and the insurance company. To complicate it further, there could be multiple liable insurance companies. So how do you figure out which party to contact? It’s much easier when you have a reputable slip and fall accident attorney to figure out which party or parties are liable.
Do You Have a Case?
When you don’t have any legal experience, it’s hard to know if you have a valid case or not. It’s even tougher when you start chatting with friends, family members and even strangers about the situation, who are all more than happy to give you their advice. The only people qualified to advise you in this situation are personal injury attorneys who know the legal standards regarding slip and fall accidents. These standards were set up specifically for these situations, and they require that the plaintiff establish the following:
- The property owner created or was responsible for the condition that caused your slip and fall accident.
- The property owner knew about the condition that would cause your accident and did nothing about it, making him negligent.
- The condition was around long enough that the property owner should have noticed and fixed it before your accident occurred.
Contact Jones Law About Your Slip and Fall Accident Today
At Jones Law, we want to help you get the maximum amount so you can pay for any medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering that resulted from your slip and fall accident. Those expenses can add up very quickly, and you shouldn’t foot the bill for an accident that wasn’t your fault. We’ll use our resources, skills and experience to provide you with the best legal representation. We want to help you get what you deserve, while also ensuring that property owners understand the importance of keeping their premises safe.
When you’ve suffered an injury from a slip and fall accident, it’s in your best interest to find an attorney you can trust to help you through the legal process. We’ve represented thousands of clients in slip and fall cases. Give us a call to schedule a free consultation, and we’ll talk to you about how we can earn your trust.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Slip and Fall Accidents
I injured my back/neck/head from a slip and fall accident in Sterling Heights. What are my rights?
A slip and fall in Sterling Heights while you’re on public, private or commercial property can cause all kinds of injuries to different parts of the body. Whoever owns the property has a legal obligation to ensure its safety, and if they’ve failed to do so, you could be entitled to compensation.
There can be more than one liable party for slip and falls in Sterling Heights. The property owner is typically the person who’s liable, but there could be others. For example, if you slipped and fell in a store, the manager could be liable. There could also be an insurance company that’s liable. It’s not easy to determine liability on your own, so if you’ve had a slip and fall accident in Sterling Heights, contact Jones Law to set up your free consultation, where we’ll go over the facts of your case.
How do I determine if I have a valid slip and fall case in Sterling Heights?
There is quite a bit of information available about slip and fall cases online. However, there is also misinformation out there, and all the legal language about slip and fall cases can result in an information overload. This makes it challenging to determine if you have a legitimate slip and fall case in Sterling Heights. The best way to know for sure is to get in touch with an experienced Sterling Heights slip and fall lawyer. We look for three main standards to determine the validity of your claim:
- The property owner made the condition that caused you to slip and fall. For example, if an employee at a retailer store mopped the floor but failed to put up a sign warning that the floor was slippery, that would satisfy this standard.
- The property owner was negligent. This means that the property owner knew about the danger and didn’t fix it. Obviously, it can be difficult to prove this standard, but there are situations where a property owner is negligent despite not knowing of a danger.
- The danger was present for long enough that the owner should have known about it and fixed it. This standard, like the previous one, is difficult to prove. The difficulty of proving these standards is one reason why you should contact a personal injury attorney in Sterling Heights as soon as possible after your slip and fall.
Call the Jones Law Office and we’ll schedule a free evaluation of your slip and fall case. It’s very possible that you’re eligible for compensation, and we can help you with that.
How much is my Sterling Heights slip and fall claim worth?
While people sometimes make jokes regarding slip and fall claims, they’re a serious matter. Slipping and falling can cause serious injuries, such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries and concussions. You could end up with a permanent injury or something that keeps you out of work for weeks. Then, you’ll need to deal with lost wages while you also accumulate medical bills.
The worth of a slip and fall claim in Sterling Heights depends on many factors, such as:
- Where you slipped and fell – was it public, private or commercial property?
- How severe were your injuries?
- How much did your medical bills cost?
- How much will your future medical bills cost?
- How much did you lose in wages from being unable to work?
- What is your level of pain and suffering?
Here at Jones Law, we offer free case evaluations. If you have a slip and fall in Sterling Heights, it’s in your best interest to call us right away.
What constitutes a slip and fall in Sterling Heights?
The term “slip and fall” may seem self-explanatory, and often it is. There’s a hazard on the floor or ground and it causes you to slip and fall. This results in an injury. The term can cover other situations, though, such as being injured by walking into an object or when the ground you’re stepping on gives way. The main types of slip and fall cases are trip and fall, step and fall, and stump and fall.
The personal injury attorneys at Jones Law can determine what type of slip and fall case you have, so contact us and we’ll start evaluating your case.